- To make available health care services and related facilities for citizens
- To provide appropriate advice, treatment, referral and support that would help to cure the ailment to extent medically possible
- To redress any grievances in this regard.
Commitments of the charter
- To provide access to available facilities without discrimination.
- To provide emergency curative, primitive and preventive care, if needed on reaching health facilities
- To provide adequate number of notice board detailing the location of all the facilities and the schedule of fields visit in case of rural health care centers
- To provide written information on diagnosis being administered
- To record complaints and respond at an appointed time.
- Grievances that citizens have will be recorded
- Aggrieved user after his/ her complaint recorded would be allowed to seek a second opinion at higher unit referral.
Responsibility of the users
- Users of the health facility would attempt to understand the commitments made in the charter.
- Instruction of the health facility personnel would be followed sincerely.
- In case of grievances, the redressal mechanism machinery would be addressed by users without delay.
Performance audit and review of the charter
Performance audit shall be conducted through a peer review every month by Metropolis advisory committee.